Sticky note: today's puzzler

Michael Spalding spalding48@earthlink.net
Fri, 15 Oct 2004 07:26:35 -0500

Dave,

If they don't stick when the damper pedal is depressed, then it's probably the spoons hung up in the hole they've dug in the damper lever cloth.  I've seen this once or twice.

Mike

To: pianotech@ptg.org
Sent: 10/15/2004 4:32:48 AM
Subject: Sticky note: today's puzzler

Ladies and gents,

I've recently encountered a couple of Charles Walter upright pianos with "sticky keys."  The notes in question in each case are near the treble/bass break.  They do  not stick when the damper pedal is depressed.

The problem has been diagnosed and fixed(the second one a bit more rapidly than the first one....), but I'll offer a free subscription to  this list to anyone who guesses the answer.

I'm just curious how many of you have encountered this one.

Dave Stahl