roslau vs mapes

Nichols nicho@zianet.com
Thu, 14 Oct 2004 23:30:13 -0600

At 08:12 PM 10/14/2004 -0700, you wrote:
>Any tonal and/or quality difference beteen mapes and roslau plain wire?

International Gold looks better.

>Any suggestions on the best kind of paint for toching up small nicks and
>chips in the plate.

Old plates?
Hobby shop model paint. Nail polish. Lacquer. Auto paint store touch-up
colors. "Gold" pens. Whatever works, basically. Clear lacq to seal, if
needed. Superglue works, too.

>Also, any tips on the best way to bring out any remaining luster on an
>older plate? I've actually tried "neutral" Howard's restore-a-finish with
>good result, but is this ok for the paint on the plate?

LAVA hand soap, in the tub. Paste style. Be sure to clean well with damp
cloth (rinse often) or  wads of tp.

>Terry Peterson

g'night,
Guy