another dampp-chaser thought/question

DCrpt@comcast.net DCrpt@comcast.net
Fri, 15 Oct 2004 01:25:08 +0000

       I got my information from a class that Roger Jolly taught at the National Convention in Reno.I believe there are two seperate problems with flanges.The center pin flakeing is on older Samicks and would definately require repining.But I am sure that Roger talked about another problem and he said the cure was 50/50 alcohol and water.I might be wrong about the felt seizeing up with friction.But my memory says that there was a chemical they treated the felt with in order to lubricate that was the problem. I can say for sure that the alcohol and water treatment has worked on many samick pianos.       Robin Olson RPT

Robin,

Are you sure it isn't the old Samick "flaking" problem with the center pins?
Just wondering.

Avery