Epoxy/bridge pins application

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Wed, 13 Oct 2004 18:50:04 EDT

In a message dated 10/12/2004 9:16:53 AM Pacific Standard Time,
mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com writes:

I pull the bridge pins, recondition the cap (plane &  notch - why else are
you restringing the piano?), and dap epoxy into pin  holes, dab pin in epoxy,
insert pin. I don't have to heat and have had  excellent results.
Terry Farrell

 Terry
  How do you proceed after putting the epoxy in the hole.? Do you fill  it,
drill it swipe it wipe it. What about the cosmetic apearance of the finished
product. fill it first then renotch? Errr what?
 Sign me epoxy impaired
  Duh, duh ,duh, .....................Dale

Erwins Pianos  Restorations
4721 Parker Rd.
Modesto, Ca 95357
209-577-8397
Rebuilt  Steinway , Mason &Hamlin  Sales
www.Erwinspiano.com