old rattle...

Wed, 13 Oct 2004 13:54:51 -0500

Folks,

The fun part of the job.

Today, I finally removed the plate out of the old 5'8" Krakauer and found
the buried treasure.

I'm guessing that there was a pesky little rattle in the thing for a
loooooong time.

-it had been donated over 40 years ago to the church where I found it.
-there was the same sort of epoxy type material skwooshed into and along
one of the soundboard cracks as I had found in several collars around
tuning pins.

I found one Victrola needle...

;-}

Conrad Hoffsommer, RPT, MPT, CCT, PFP, ACS, CRS.
Decorah, IA

- Certified Calibration Technician for Bio-powered Digitally Activated
Lever Action Tone Generation Systems.
- Pianotech Flamesuit Purveyor
- American Curmudgeon Society - Apprentice Member and Founder