Stuart

David Ilvedson ilvey@sbcglobal.net
Tue, 12 Oct 2004 21:55:31 -0700

A Brekne bridge?   Would that be over-bearing....;-]   Seems like=
 the bridge pin would waver and cause tons of falseness...?
David I.

From: Richard Brekne <Richard.Brekne@grieg.uib.no>
To: Calin Tantareanu <dnu@fx.ro>, Newtonburg <pianotech@ptg.org>
Subject: Re: Stuart

Calin Tantareanu wrote:
Hi Richard!

Do you have any pictures of your new type of string termination=
 at the
bridge?

Best regards,

No... sure dont.  Its still in the experimental stage.. but I=
 will try and draw a picture for you.  The basic idea is more or=
 less this. Strings run through bridge pins as they do now,=
 except the bridge pins are notched with a slot big enough to=
 accept the string snugly and hold the string well off the=
 bridge. A half round is positioned so as to deflect the string=
 plane upwards... effectively insuring secure string contact with=
 the half round, which is clamped by the string tight against the=
 bridge.
Bridge pins probably have to be threaded and screwed into the=
 wood of the bridge to keep them tight enough over the long=
 term.

The position of the halfround is interesting, and I think can be=
 used much like Wapins middle bridge pin is used.  In anycase...=
 the few experiemental installations I have tried so far on=
 junkers seems very promising. I believe in open source=
 designing... so I post this to the general list in case anyone=
 finds it interesting enough to have a wing at.

Cheers
RicB