another dampp-chaser thought/question

DCrpt@comcast.net DCrpt@comcast.net
Wed, 13 Oct 2004 02:38:02 +0000

This is slightly off topic here.But  the Samick dampers sticking problem is not caused by humidity.It is caused by friction heating up a chemical in the felt that then causes the felt to expand and the flange to stick.The best cure is 50/50 alcohol and water treatment over night followed by  re-pinning and reaming any sluggish flanges.                  Robin Olson RPT