yamah m-450

richard.ucci@att.net richard.ucci@att.net
Tue, 12 Oct 2004 23:57:54 +0000

Hi Joe, very little chance of that I think. Brand new piano in an upscale house. No droppings evident or anything that looks out of  place. Yamaha told me that key height on the model is 59mm to underside of keytop.
Some keys are at 59mm others around 64mm. I'll be checking balance holes one more time before I start leveling though.

Rick Ucci/Ucci Piano

-------------- Original message from "Joe And Penny Goss" : --------------

Check to see if there has been a mouse in the piano, either eating or making a nest with the balance rail punchings.
Joe Goss RPT
Mother Goose Tools
imatunr@srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com
----- Original Message -----
From: richard.ucci@att.net
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Sent: Saturday, October 09, 2004 7:21 AM
Subject: yamah m-450

Greetings list,

Just went to tune a m-450, first after delivery tuning. Piano has been in the home about two months. exposed to high humidity at times and now dropping humidity(north east part of usa).

Keys look like 40 miles of bad road! Up and down all the way from 1-88. Key height measured 64mm at #1 to 59mm on others.

I've schedualed a leveling for next week, has anyone got any insight or experience with this ? This is most unusual for me to see this on a new Yammy. In fact I've never seen it.

Thanks,

Rick Ucci/Ucci Piano