Perfumes, Colognes & Aftershaves

Barbara Richmond piano57@flash.net
Tue, 12 Oct 2004 08:37:11 -0500

Have no fear Joe, I'm not a med junkie.  But for me, a non-drowsy =
allergy concoction comes in handy on occasion.  Scotch, hey?  If I did =
that, I wouldn't have even been able to drive (and don't even want to =
think about what the next day would be like).  Yes, the truth comes =
out---I'm a cheap date---for which my husband is thankful.  :-)

Barbara Richmond
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Joe Garrett=20
  To: pianotech=20
  Sent: Tuesday, October 12, 2004 12:54 AM
  Subject: Re: Perfumes, Colognes & Aftershaves

  Barbara said: "I've learned it is beneficial for me to take an allergy =
tablet a half an =3D
  hour before appointment time. "

  Barbara,
  In a former Life I was employed in the medical field. Because of this, =
I tend to avoid medications of any kind. I wonder how the allergy =
medication affects your senses. Once, and just once, I had a two Scotch =
lunch with a colleague and then went to tune a piano. After about an =
hour of "fiddling" around trying to set the temperament, etc., I =
explained the situation to the client and went home. The client, =
fortunately, was very understanding.<G> When I have to take cold pills, =
etc., I find it affects my concentration, etc.
  I agree with you in the "public" Odiferous realm. I once had to tune =
at a Masonic Lodge, on Ladies Day. Phew! Damned near made me =
unconscious! They were on the first floor and I was on the second floor. =
Still, gagged me to the point were I had to postpone the tuning for the =
next day. There were signs all over the place, reading "NO SMOKING"! =
There should have been larger signs saying: "NO STINKING"!<g>
  Regards,
  Regards,
  Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
  Captain, Tool Police