Steinway factory whippens

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Sat, 9 Oct 2004 12:15:16 EDT

In a message dated 10/9/2004 8:48:31 AM Pacific Standard Time,
piano57@flash.net writes:

 Barbara writes

Oh, crud.  Monday when I ordered parts, Shannon said it would be a  week,
maybe two, because there were no whippens on the shelf and they were  awaiting a
new shipment.  So, I was really surprised when the UPS truck  pulled up on
Friday with a package from S&S.  I'm not quite done with  key bushings--I
would've been done if I had known the parts were going to  be here so soon.  :-)
Dang, did I get some of your rejects,  Dale?   I guess I'll find out this
week.......

    HI Barbara
  No those parts went directly to Kent Webb. I try to complain to the  right
people. You won't know if they'll work till you srew them on. If they are
real crooked,then there are only 2 choices. Travel them to the best of your
ability, which is what we
are doing with the other 2 sets currently or return them.
    If you return be very specific with the complaint  & complain to  Kent
not Shannon. I know they were doing a  focus group on this problem last week so
it would be timely if others , for some  reason, complain also. Hey I want
them to get it right & stay in business.  No single company effects ours so
profoundly in so many ways as does the  exsitence of Steinway & sons. They drive
the markets we deal in  &  ......some of us a little crazy at times but
hey..........That's life
   Dale