screw holders

J Patrick Draine draine@comcast.net
Thu, 7 Oct 2004 13:42:36 -0400

What are the rest of you doing for screw holders? The Schaff "rigid
shaft screwholder" (#874) is next to useless for removing/replacing
hammer flanges screws in vertical piano actions. My old ones which
looks the same, from Apsco or Tuners Supply, worked fine, but I lost
them (on some customer's floor no doubt). The current (unless they
redesigned since I complained to a staffer at Nashville) Schaff version
doesn't open wide enough to release the screw properly. Anyone buy one
recently that is acceptable?
How about other models at other suppliers that you're satisfied with??
Patrick Draine