DC behind fallboard!

Kerry Cooper brispiano@optushome.com.au
Tue, 5 Oct 2004 23:11:39 +1000

Hi,

About 15 to 20 years ago, Dampp Chaser sold 8 & 15 Watt rods, and they =
came
with screw spacers that held the rod above the keys just above the =
balance
rail mortices. I had fitted a few of these to pianos that kept on having
centre pin problems. Even after recentering the wippens and hammers, =
they
would begin to stick within 6 months. With each of these rods, I also
installed a humidistat that kept the rod from cooking the plank. These
pianos are still going ok and=20
Kerry Cooper
Piano Technician
Accredited Member APTTA; PTTGQ
brispiano@optushome.com.au

-----Original Message-----
From: Don [mailto:pianotuna@accesscomm.ca]=20
Sent: Sunday, 3 October 2004 12:43 PM
To: Pianotech
Subject: Re: DC behind fallboard!

Hi Terry,

At one time I believe there was an 8 watt 48" rod.

No it is not a good place for it.

I would use a 50 watt at the belly with humidistat and tail bar, and =
save
the 25 watt for an upright.

At 10:01 AM 03/10/2004 -0700, you wrote:
>Started servicing a church piano; Baldwin grand with 48-25A =
dehumidifier=20
>installed BEHIND fallboard and only 1/8" from jack toes.  No other DC =
or=20
>Humidistat to be found. I will be relocating the 48-25A to the =
underside of

>the piano, then adding another shorter DC and humidistat. Never saw =
this=20
>type of installation before; has anyone else? My opinion is that it is =
NOT
a=20
>good place to put it, especially without a humidistat...right?
>
>Terry Peterson

Regards,

mailto:pianotuna@accesscomm.ca		http://us.geocities.com/drpt1948/

3004 Grant Rd.