Evidence of overlacquered hammers

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Mon, 4 Oct 2004 23:33:19 EDT

Should  we change this to a new  topic heading?
    Dale

Hi,  Bernhard,

At 08:18 PM 10/4/2004, you wrote:
>Dean,
>i have  it not planned yet. Is there anybody out there running Linux in  the
>business?

That would be a very tough call, at the  moment.  There is a great deal of
hubbub and activity around various  Linux flavors, but nothing that has
really gelled yet.  I look for  that momentum to pick up as more and more
folks take the time to read  their end user license agreements with
Microsoft and figure out that they  have, essentially, lost ownership of
their machines.

In the short  term, there is not enough Linux use to justify a huge effort
to support  that platform if most of your development S/Ware is
MS-based.  At the  same time, there is clearly a growing number of folks who
are looking  outside the MS bandwagon; and, I suspect that, inveterate
tinkerers that  we are, a number of piano technicians will at least spend
some time  working with Linux.

Hope this is of some use to you.

Thanks very  much for your posts!