ethics question

Phil Bondi phil@philbondi.com
Mon, 04 Oct 2004 20:38:52 -0400

Rick, your reply sounds like something that would have come out of my
lips at one time in my life..not anymore.

..the recovery continues, Dr. Bryant!

I will suggest that you keep a level head and remember that the last
thing the client sees or hears is what they will remember the
most..regardless if they are your client or not. You might try the soft
approach..something like:

"I'm sorry to hear that you have decided to use someone else. I hope you
are happy with your new arrangement. I would be happy to service your
piano in the future should this arrangement not be satisfactory to you."

That's what that client will remember..a soft voice(with bitten tongue!)
wishing them well, but leaving the door open for them.

Your situation is not too terribly uncommon.

Phil Bondi(Fl)