Genuine Steinway wippens

Barbara Richmond piano57@flash.net
Mon, 4 Oct 2004 15:02:29 -0500

Aw heck.  Steinway only offers three different shanks.  Since nobody =
seemed to be at home in the tech services department, I talked to =
Shannon in parts.  I'll just try going with the current NY parts.  The =
best bit of this is, the customer just e-mailed me and said she wasn't =
sure she wanted to spend that extra money.......... :-) =20

Ah....life is great!

Barbara Richmond
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Barbara Richmond=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Monday, October 04, 2004 1:42 PM
  Subject: Re: Genuine Steinway wippens

  Thanks Dale.

  So, I was ready to change to 17 mm shanks because these wippens =
currently on the piano (D from 1975) are Renner.  Now, if I change to NY =
"improved" wippens I'll have to test again for 16 or 16.5 mm shanks.  =
Not that I can't do that, of course, it's just going to take forever to =
get the right parts--unless I order sets of each size.  Is that what =
folks usually do?  Renner and others sure have the right idea in =
providing a parts kit!

  Barbara Richmond

  ----- Original Message -----=20