ethics question

richard.ucci@att.net richard.ucci@att.net
Mon, 04 Oct 2004 19:32:08 +0000

OK guys , here's the deal.
A piano teacher I tuned for years ago, stopped using me for reasons unknown, and started using a competitor.  He then started telling clients who were mine originally and referred to him for teaching, to use the other tuner.

Last night I lost another one. The woman said," Oh we just had it tuned.Our teacher suggested someone else. But if it doesn't sound good later we'll call you".

I replied ,"Thank you for your loyalty". "I'll certainly be waiting by the phone for your call"." I am deleting you from my files, Good Bye".

Has this ever happened to you guys and what if anything can I do about it and still be ethical. I deal with about fifteen or more teachers now but I'm really starting to get steamed.

Thanks,
Rick Ucci/Ucci Piano