Genuine Steinway wippens

Barbara Richmond piano57@flash.net
Mon, 4 Oct 2004 11:46:28 -0500

Oops, that should have been "does: include the heel.

----- Original Message -----=20
From: Barbara Richmond=20
To: Pianotech=20
Sent: Monday, October 04, 2004 9:24 AM
Subject: Genuine Steinway wippens

Hi folks,

Argh.  Well, the customer has decided that the piano needs Genuine =
Steinway parts--positive proof that the marketing works.  :-)  I called =
Steinway Parts department, who doesn't sell samples, called and left a =
message with Tech Services to call me back, and will ask here, too.  I =
really prefer the Hamburg style (Renner) wippen.  But looking at the =
drawings of the "repetitions" (which don't include the heel) in the =
Technical Reference Guide (from 1992--is there a new one?),  The current =
NY ones look shorter compared to the Hamburg Style.  The question is, =
will or how much will the style of wippen affect things--like =
touchweight, or is it mostly the knuckle to center pin distance?   Is =
there more than one size regulating button?  I can't seem to find them =
in my *old* price list.

Man, I'm ready to go on this project and I hate waiting around!!!!!

Thanks.

Barbara Richmond