Seiler grand?

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Mon, 4 Oct 2004 02:24:43 EDT

Hello Seilerites,

Been outa the loop for awhile.  Just trying to catch up on my 476 e-mails
I've missed over the past 5 day(no joke....).

I work on quite a few Seilers.  I really like them.  The only problem I've
had is the frontscale noise in the 180--and it's pretty consistent--that
translates to really harsh tone in the 5th and 6th ocataves.  Thanks to many helpful
hints on this list, I've been able to soften things there down to tolerable
levels.  The newer models, including the 180's replacement, the 186, are far
less whiny in  that section.

Other than that, the pianos are a joy to work on.  The let-off on the grands
is regulated a bit close at the factory, so I get the occasional blocking
hammer.

I feel very fortunate to contract for a store that sells Seiler pianos.  Real
nice pianos.  Ilex, did you get a chance to work the concert piano yet?

Dave Stahl