Epoxy type?

pianolover 88 pianolover88@hotmail.com
Sun, 03 Oct 2004 15:29:53 -0700

With all the discussion of the methods for using epoxy to repair
cracks/loose pins, I'm still not clear on the best type to use. Some
mentioned the "30 minute" type, like you might  typically find in hardware
stores. But those types (at least the ones I've seen and used) cure
FLEXIBLE, not glassy hard like West Systems. I would think you would want
the latter for use on the bridge, no? and what about "fillers" to
Adjust the viscosity and "color" of the epoxy to match (as close as
possible) the surrounding wood. In my case this will really help the
finished look as there are some pretty large cracks and enlarged holes, that
would otherwise end up white, or clear using the regular flexible type.

Terry Peterson