Evidence of overlacquered hammers

Bernhard Stopper b98tu@t-online.de
Sun, 3 Oct 2004 20:43:45 +0100

> ...., and since Mensurix 5 isn't web based, I don't see
> the point.

One point for me was that i use also diverse other software tools from third
party developers. So i am always somewhat dependent to be up to date with my
development tools to keep them compatible together. And to be up to date,
means to use the latest Visual Studio for programming, no other choice here
for me.

BTW if you by a new computer with XP preinstalled, you would deinstall it
and install Win98 on it?
For me XP is far more reliable than Win98 ever was. I never had a crash on
XP, but often on Win98.
OK the security lacks in Windows generally is another question. I am also
not happy with Microsofts quasi monopole (the development tools are very
expensive) but i must orient me on what the most users have.

regards,

Bernhard