Evidence of overlacquered hammers

Bernhard Stopper b98tu@t-online.de
Sun, 3 Oct 2004 18:11:21 +0100

A tip for starting immediately with the physical modeling simulations:
- After start, load one of the example scales in the file menu (Example 1
Steinway grand piano model B, and example 2 Bösendorfer concert grand)
- Now you are ready to start one of the simulations types contact
simulation, loudness simulation, sound simulation (limited to the A-keys in
the demo) and the strike point optimizer simulation (limited to one A-treble
key)

You can play around with the hammer parameters speed, head weight, shank
weight, stiffness and damping in the settings menu.
To flip between the graphs shown after the simulations and the hammer
settings, flip the "Graph/Tab" switch.
Contact simulation stops after the hammer is away from the string. Audio
simulation proceeds until the string has vibrated for one second. Loudness
simulation stops after 5 string oscillations.

To hear the simulated audio files, a media player capable of playing audio
files with different sampling rates is required, like microsofts media
player version 8.

It is possible to flip the scale lengths and diameters from metric to inch
for easier use by inch users, but tension is always in Newton and measures
on graphs in metric at this version.

regards,

Bernhard