OT - Hurricane Jeanne - FWIW

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Sat, 2 Oct 2004 18:55:13 -0400

Hello Pianotech Comrades:

Just thought I would drop a quick note to report on my trials and =
tribulations in the aftermath of hurricane Jeanne.

The eye passed within ten miles north of us last Sunday - reportedly, it =
was at a minimal Category 1 status at that point. It got real breezy and =
gusty. The bottom line is that we were without power from Sunday morning =
until late Thursday afternoon. A very large red oak tree (maybe 90-foot =
tall? - and located about 6-feet from my shop wall) snapped off at about =
30 feet and landed directly on the roof of my piano shop. We just got =
done removing all the debris today. (Man-O-Man, I got firewood for my =
fireplace and smoker for years to come!!!) Fortunately, no serious =
damage was done to the shop itself. My carport (attached to the shop) =
was taken out, but everything in the shop is dry and happy.=20

I feel very lucky. Hopefully I can get back to piano work tomorrow! I'm =
a bit behind on keeping up with the pianotech list - I have 2435 unread =
emails in my inbox, and most are pianotech list posts.=20

If I've ignored anyone's posts or emails, it's because I've been =
hurricaned under - please re-send your email.

OK, carry on now!

Terry Farrell

www.farrellpiano.com