Epoxy/bridge pins application

Paul Chick (Earthlink) tune4@earthlink.net
Sat, 2 Oct 2004 12:03:24 -0500

Joe
Read your method after I responded.  Granted, what I described can be messy.
One needs to be judicious with the epoxy.  Preheating the epoxy after mixing
allows it to be drizzled into place, and speeds up the cure which can be
helpful. Clean up is easy with a sharp chisal when the epoxy reaches a stiff
gum state; acetone to follow, but be careful not to wash out the cracks.

Paul C

Subject: Re: Epoxy/bridge pins application

  Paul C said: " Epoxy can be warmed with a heat gun or blow dryer,
whatever, after you
  place it on the cracks.  It becomes very thin and migrates into the cracks
  very well, but also sets quickly.  Use some tape to build dams around the
  area, set the bridge pins where you want them, apply glue then heat.
Allow
  24 hours to cure. Epoxy can be warmed with a heat gun or blow dryer,
whatever, after you
  place it on the cracks.  It becomes very thin and migrates into the cracks
  very well, but also sets quickly.  Use some tape to build dams around the
  area, set the bridge pins where you want them, apply glue then heat.
Allow
  24 hours to cure."

    Paul C,
  Either you didn't read my method or you chose to dismiss it! :-(
  My method, (which was a product of Darrell Fandrich's inventiveness),
applies the heat, THEN the epoxy, (in a SMALL amount sufficient to do the
job w/o slathering the damned stuff all over the damned place!!!!! Yes, it
takes a little longer to do than Bill's method, but it's neater, and
esthetically better, IMO. Same system/different method, (that predates
Bill's method by about 10 years!<G>)

    Paul C

  Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
  Captain, Tool Police