Epoxy/bridge pins application

Joe Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Sat, 2 Oct 2004 09:49:20 -0700

Paul C said: " Epoxy can be warmed with a heat gun or blow dryer, =
whatever, after you
place it on the cracks.  It becomes very thin and migrates into the =
cracks
very well, but also sets quickly.  Use some tape to build dams around =
the
area, set the bridge pins where you want them, apply glue then heat.  =
Allow
24 hours to cure. Epoxy can be warmed with a heat gun or blow dryer, =
whatever, after you
place it on the cracks.  It becomes very thin and migrates into the =
cracks
very well, but also sets quickly.  Use some tape to build dams around =
the
area, set the bridge pins where you want them, apply glue then heat.  =
Allow
24 hours to cure."

  Paul C,
Either you didn't read my method or you chose to dismiss it! :-(
My method, (which was a product of Darrell Fandrich's inventiveness), =
applies the heat, THEN the epoxy, (in a SMALL amount sufficient to do =
the job w/o slathering the damned stuff all over the damned place!!!!! =
Yes, it takes a little longer to do than Bill's method, but it's neater, =
and esthetically better, IMO. Same system/different method, (that =
predates Bill's method by about 10 years!<G>)

  Paul C

Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain, Tool Police
Squares R I