Evidence of overlacquered hammers

Bernhard Stopper b98tu@t-online.de
Sat, 2 Oct 2004 11:53:50 +0200

Ron wrote:

> The string scale is, granted, the basis of the system.

Correct

> The soundboard
> should ideally be, though seldom is, designed to accommodate the string
> scale, with consideration given to the type of hammer that is expected to
> be used with the system. Each component of string scale, soundboard
design,
> and hammer choice has meaning in the finished product,

Correct

> and the hammer is
> the very last consideration in the mix, since it is going to be able to
> deliver no more than the string scale and soundboard combination have to
> give, at the very best.

As far as i understood David Love, this is also his argumentation.

But for me no. The hammer and string is the first component pair that has to
match to achieve the kind of the spectrum to be produced.
The soundboard/string components is the second pair that must match to
achieve the kind of the filtered spectrum to be produced.

But there is no direct hammer/soundboard relation without taking attention
of the first hammer/string relation.

regards,

Bernhard