Control grand volume

Paul Chick (Earthlink) tune4@earthlink.net
Fri, 1 Oct 2004 16:55:51 -0500

  The voices and guitars are miked, but the volume for the church gets too
high for good balance with the piano as I understand it.

  Thanks to all for the replies.  I'll pass along your good advice.

  Paul C

  Are the singers mic'd?

  Matthew

  "Paul Chick (Earthlink)" <tune4@earthlink.net> wrote:
    A client asked me how he/they could control the volume of a Kawai RX-2
grand
    that is on a music stage area of their church. When used with a praise
    band, the piano overpowers the guitars and (6-8)voices. They keep it
closed
    and do not use any microphones. But, when used as a solo instrument, the
    volume fills the church nicely. Budget is an issue, so, are there some
    means or methods to decrease and increase the piano's volume?

    Paul C