1920's Fischer action brackets by subscription

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Thu, 30 Sep 2004 22:03:14 -0700 (PDT)

Dear everybody,
     I have decided to help our colleague Britt by
getting one of those APSCO replacement action brackets
into the hands of a machinist for duplication. The
cost, obviously, will be greatly reduced if a large
quantity can be contracted.
If you would like a  set for a  current of futuure
project, please contact me.

??? Question ??? Did any other "American Piano
Company" products from the 1920's--Knabe, Chickering,
Mason and Hamlin, Haines Brothers, Franklin, Marshall
and Wendell, etc.,  use pot metal  brackets ??? If so,
are they the same ?

     Thanks!
     Thump

P.S. If you don't know what this is about: Many 1920's
Fischer grands ( made by American ) used pot-metal
action brackets which expand due to internal
instabilty and become utterly crumbly and useless.