keyboard levelling

JWyatt1492@aol.com JWyatt1492@aol.com
Fri, 26 Nov 2004 15:15:19 EST

Hello Tom,

    The "Bowen-Henderson" Co.  used this
"large drop screw" adjustment on top of the key
just in front of the center pin. It worked like a  dream.
  After checking I found no excessive wear in the
bushing felt. This piano was made in the late twenties.

     An action model using this system will be
displayed at the PTGF. Museum at the  2005
Kansas City convention.

     In addition to this method the "P.A. Starck  Co"
 had a system in the early sixties that used an inverted
upright let-off rail at the very back of the key to raise or
lower the back of the key. This would of course level
the front keytops.  It used a standard capstan and
worked well but, we found it to be inconvenient.

Regards,
Jack Wyatt