Cheap/Free Piano Wanted in Florida

Isaac Sadigursky irs.pianos@earthlink.net
Wed, 24 Nov 2004 19:35:37 -0800

i would reccomend to approach local piano dealers,some of their "trade-ins" can be suitable.. also,national carriers-piano movers can have some un-claimed stuff.. wish,you could be closer,in Los angels area..Best of luck!

----- Original Message -----
From: Farrell
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Sent: 11/24/04 8:22:52 AM
Subject: Cheap/Free Piano Wanted in Florida

Dear Colleagues,

I have become aware of a 12 year-old girl in Wachula, Florida (south-central area of state) who was a promising intermediate-level piano student until Hurricane Charlie claimed the life of her old upright piano. Her hurricane-damaged mobile home collapsed well after the hurricane and the family had been living in a shelter for some time. Only recently has FEMA provided the family a small trailer for them to live in.

I went to tune a piano this morning that a local woman was going to donate to the little girl. Unfortunately, I had to report to the woman that the cost of repairing her childhood piano would exceed the value of the piano. She could not afford to do that.

So now the 12 year old girl has no piano and her farming family cannot afford to buy her one. Is anyone aware of a good condition low cost or free piano in or near Florida?

Thanks for any help or ideas.

Terry Farrell