should I stay or should I go, late to the topic

Kurt KurtGearheart@comcast.net
Sat, 20 Nov 2004 15:25:58 -0700

"If it was a video shoot, why tune it at all?"

Because...

Axel was playing a grand piano in the video in real time, to a prerecorded
off-camera playback of the song.
The piano was not to be muted off in any way, play and sound normally,
essentially doubling the piano part, which was not even being recorded again.

So, the piano he was playing had to be exactly in tune with the
pre-recorded studio version of the song he was lip-synching and
play-synching to, so as to not throw off his "artistic flow".

(i.e., avoid him having  a temper tantrum)

The piano was tuned a half step flat because... that's just the way Axel
has his pianos tuned.
Why? Ask him.

No one there could tell me.
Mine is but to obey and bill.

"Better yet, if it was Axle Rose, why tune it at all?"

Because silly... it was a job and a nice fat check... THAT'S WHY!!!

;-)