spoon bender won't fit!

Alpha88x@aol.com Alpha88x@aol.com
Tue, 16 Nov 2004 12:15:11 EST

Greetings,

           Is there any other way to adjust/calibrate spoons? I have a
Reinhard & Co. studio upright ca. 1900+ and the spoon bending tool will not fit.

           I can get the tool slid between the wippens okay, but when I go to
turn the tool sideways in order to get the neck of the spoon in the tool
head, I cannot. If I would turn the tool by force the wippen flange to the
adjacent note would crack. it is so tight in there, no room. Can this job be done
outside the piano?

           What to do? Any suggestions would be helpful.

Julia Gottchall,
Reading, PA