wear and tear on da nerves

David Love davidlovepianos@comcast.net
Sun, 14 Nov 2004 06:37:53 -0800

How about an extra $10 for "Gee, that was fast".

I think I've been undercharging!

David Love
davidlovepianos@comcast.net
-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of tom driscoll
Sent: Sunday, November 14, 2004 6:29 AM
To: Pianotech
Subject: Re: wear and tear on da nerves

Subject: wear and tear on da nerves

On 14-nov-04, at 6:25, David Love wrote:
I hadn't thought of this before but next time somebody is making noise
when I'm tuning the piano...k'ching...thank you that will be an extra
fifty bucks for wear and tear on my nerves. Won't take long and they'll
be thinking twice before they flush the damn toilet.

David Love

David,
    I've had  penalty system for years now,although the dollar amounts
are much more modest..
    I preface this by saying that when my client is noisy I politely
mention that I'm having trouble hearing and with rare exception they
quiet down. For example, if the T.V. is on I request that they turn the
volume down and they always turn it off.
    Now for  the fun stuff,

    Serving me instant coffee----$2.00

     Junk on the piano (This varies with my mood and whether I'm served
the aforementioned instant coffee $2.00

    Any explaination to my question "When was the last time the piano
was serviced?" That entails a complete family history including  details
of uncle Henry's colostomy that made him unable to sit on the piano
bench $2.00

    Any combination of the following anecdotes :

    I thought all piano tuners were blind
    My grandmother had a baby grand and she gave it away
    My dad and brothers smashed up our old upright
    Our old upright was never tuned and always sounded great
    The lady who owned this piano was a concert pianist (Winter spinet)
    The movers said this is the heaviest piano they ever moved (Winter
spinet )  $2.00
    $2.00

    My husband has the checkbook ,Can we mail it to you  $5.00
(sometimes hard to extract if they already have the invoice)

    My list can be expanded to include other violations as required.

    All penalty $'s contributed to either the local food pantry or
Starbucks (not necessarily in that order)
    Tom Driscoll