wear and tear on da nerves

Sun, 14 Nov 2004 09:16:29 -0600

At 07:34 11/14/2004, you wrote:
>I just say objectively and without emotion: "The
>quieter it is the better job I will be able to do. "
>and keep tuning, as if I really don't care one way or
>the other.   Works like  a   charm!
>      Thump

I haven't tried it yet, but a variation of the "Can you hear me now?"
commercials might work.  Starting out softly and gradually doing a
crescendo until the jabberers hear you and respond.  Conversation at that
point could vary. ;-}

I've had organ students come in and start practicing the 3manual organ in
one hall while I was tuning.  8' Trompete en Chamade and piano tuning are
definitely mutually exclusive!   Of course, I have an ace in the hole
here...  Since I also tune the organ, I remind them that I could tune it
"special" prior to THEIR recital.

One time, I DID try to make a deal with the yakkers that they would
continue their conversation during the concert so the piano would sound the
same.  This has worked in the home re:television/radio/games...

Conrad Hoffsommer
then used against you.