A-440, ethics AND the bod

David Andersen bigda@gte.net
Fri, 12 Nov 2004 10:14:54 -0800

> By working "fast and dirty" for the early stages of this, I can stay with=
in my
> usual time budget and not have to charge any more for the pitch-raise par=
t.

Excuse me, brother, but you=B9re out of your ever-lovin=B9 mind not to charge
for the pitch raise; forget about the =B3time;=B2 think about 1. The tremendous
wear on your body, and 2. The expertise needed to accomplish
2 quick raises, putting your hammer on every note, then a fine tuning.  Are
you nuts?

Here=B9s what my charge would be (remember, I get top dollar in a major urban
area):

2 pitch raises @ 75.00      150.00
Tune A440                        150.00
Total                                 _____
                                       $300.00

That=B9s hard, hard work, and I want and deserve to get PAID for hard work.

With all due respect, Robin, you should take a look at what you=B9re giving
away. The true payoff IS
the beauty you create and enable, and the possibility of inspiring a child;
that said, your type of expertise, in any other realm, would be much more
expensive.

Hope this helps.....

David Andersen