"should I stay or should I go?"

Ron Nossaman rnossaman@cox.net
Fri, 12 Nov 2004 09:44:26 -0600

>I agree.  A proactive approach need not be rude and is generally
>effective.  I have never had a problem telling someone, in a polite way,
>that I needed quiet nor had them respond other than apologetically that
>they were unaware.  The times reserved for tuning in a noisy environment
>should be reserved for those unusual situations in which we must perform
>our job and circumstances are genuinely beyond our control.
>
>David Love

Exactly. The chaos of a concert stage is non-negotiable, and you do what
you have to do as everyone else is doing what they have to do. Vacuuming
under the piano or rattling dishes isn't a pressure situation, and can
usually wait until the tuning is finished. The difference is between
consideration and necessity.

Ron N