Further details about the Schumann piano with bridge agraffes

Ron Nossaman rnossaman@cox.net
Thu, 11 Nov 2004 11:03:04 -0600

>Kerry,
>Are you sure about that? If yes, it is very interesting.
>But wouldn't the board get crowned , at least a little, when humidity
>increases?

That's right. No crown, no bearing. At least no intentional bearing.
Readings I took this summer appeared to be random slightly +-, but
essentially zero bearing.

>I do not understand the cause of the distortion. Are the agraffes or the
>lack of crown the culprits?
>
>Regards,
>
>  Calin Tantareanu

It's not the agraffes. The soundboard assembly isn't stiff enough. The
entire scale is one big killer octave.

Ron N