"should I stay or should I go?"

Ron Nossaman rnossaman@cox.net
Wed, 10 Nov 2004 11:10:46 -0600

>  Along with quiet issues is the one about removing the
>200 little knick-knacks that are carefully arranged on top of the piano.
>

>David Love

Good luck on that one. On the seventeenth tuning appointment, I still hear,
"Oh yes, you'll need all that stuff off of the top, won't you?"

Tuning is, unfortunately, categorically lumped in with other "service" work
like carpet cleaning, explosive demolition, framing wall partitions,
roofing, and poisoning the area to kill suspected or potential bugs. So
they tend to schedule as many "service" jobs as possible at the same time
for their convenience. If they can't find someone to run a Skill saw while
you're there, they will be overcome with an irresistible need to clean
something - noisily and with evil smells, if possible. At least it's
sometimes entertaining as well as annoying. Did you ever watch someone's
face through the glass as they wash windows? It's a lot like the faces
people make feeding babies.

Ron N