Jensel Tools

Horace Greeley hgreeley@stanford.edu
Mon, 08 Nov 2004 22:06:03 -0800

Matthew,

At 08:24 PM 11/8/2004, you wrote:

>Hi again,
>
>I am looking at the single sided cordura plus jensen case for my tuning
>kit.  Do you all think that would work as a tuning kit?  Do I need to
>order pallets seperately?

I have used various things like this over time.  My experience is that, in
general, they work very well if you are not carrying too much - for
example, tuning, _light_ regulating, _light_ voicing.  Once you get very
far past that, the relative convenience of the soft case (for me) has been
outweighed (literally, as well as figuratively) by a cumbersome lack of
underlying structure...additional pallets allow you to carry more, to be
sure, they are not small, light or cheap.

Jensen makes very good tools, over all.  They just happen to be made (by
and large) for folks who work with tools/tool-sets that are more regular
and predictable in size and shape than most of the tuners I have
known.  Think of those lovely "masterpiece" tool kits that machinists used
to make for their tools and jigs as they finished their apprenticeship...a
place for everything and everything in its place...then ask yourself - does
my tool kit look like that?

Best.

Horace