Yamaha casters

Ron Nossaman rnossaman@cox.net
Sun, 07 Nov 2004 20:15:59 -0600

>Hi Gang:
>Anyone else finding caster failures on late Yamaha P22's?  I found two
>today on school pianos where the wheel support bracket had bent enough to
>keep the swivel from turning from wood interference.  Both rears, almost
>as if they were dropped.  Maybe they were and it really wasn't the
>caster's fault.  Are they Faultless (haha)?  Warranty issue?  Help......
>Mike Kurta
>Auburn, NY

There are a couple of interesting theories at work here. The first is held
by the school systems and assumes that the young warm bodies all around are
a ready and able source of free labor for moving pianos from room to room.
This also applies to maintenance people, since they're already on the
payroll and therefor available. The second is held by the free or otherwise
available laborers, and assumes that if a piano will roll over a threshold
slowly with difficulty, it will fly over that same threshold at high speed
with ease. Both of these theories are still in error, in spite of repeated
trials. If Yamaha covers a warranty claim on these, it will be pure
generosity. Ask them and find out. They've surprised me more than once.

Ron N