Cordless screwdriver

Joe Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Fri, 5 Nov 2004 07:32:26 -0800

Terry asked: "It would seem to me that 3.5 in-lbs would be way less than =
that needed for a
flange screw. Yes? No?"

Terry,
When doing flange screws, w/my cordless, I usually have it set at 4-5 on =
the dial, that has 1-6. If I am driving screws in hardwood, it usually =
doesn't have enough poop, so I grab my Makita Drill Driver, (cordless), =
which will twist off 1/4x20 bolts if you set it too high!<G> As always, =
the right tool for the right job!<G>
The nice things about the Panasonic, is that the lowest settings, (on =
torque), will be very kind to an action rail that has marginal =
solidarity, IYKWIM. Also, it can be used "straight" or in the "bent" =
position, so it's ergonomically healthy for your Tuning Arm!
Best Regards,=20
Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain, Tool Police
Squares R I