Practical Concert Work

Sat, 29 May 2004 02:13:06 +0200

Cy Shuster wrote:

>The article also recommends needling *only* on the strike point.  I thought
>that was a no-no?  (Maybe a technique just for advanced voicers?)

This is the Franz Mohr connection  I mentioned. He also recommended
dealing with only the crown area, for both hardening and softening...
actually he made the direct statement that dealing with the rest of the
hammer was not, in his experience, worth any time at all.  It all was
about that crown area about 5 mm deep. The rest should be as solid as
possible.

RicB