Tuner's Knot--NOT!

Keith McGavern kam544@gbronline.com
Wed, 26 May 2004 16:02:29 -0500

At 9:03 AM -0400 5/26/04, Piannaman@aol.com wrote:
>... First note, A0:  kinda tight feeling pin, yank, THUD!  Broken,
>right at the pin.  Great opportunity to splice it with the knot I
>practiced so diligently for so many hours. ...

As you have already discovered, Dave, attempting to splice in that
very limited area, with that size bass string core A0 has, and on a
M&H grand to boot, is nigh impossible to do without messing up the
plate or the felt's appearance.

As much as I like the challenge of splicing music wire, this would be
one of those times where I personally would cry uncle before the fact
and order a replacement.

Sincerely,

Keith
--