Tuner's Knot--NOT!

Joe And Penny Goss imatunr@srvinet.com
Wed, 26 May 2004 08:26:59 -0600

Sort of like a fish hook.
Joe Goss
imatunr@srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Piannaman@aol.com=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Wednesday, May 26, 2004 8:14 AM
  Subject: Re: Tuner's Knot--NOT!

  Hi Joe,=20

  I am not familian with a sheperd's crook(would that be a sheep =
rustler...:-)?  What kind of bend would that be?  =20

  In this instance, I'm lucky.  It's not a pressure situation, like an =
upcoming concert, and the customer can wait.  =20

  Thanks for your suggestion,=20

  Dave Stahl,=20

  In a message dated 5/26/04 6:58:50 AM Pacific Daylight Time, =
imatunr@srvinet.com writes:=20

    Hi Dave, There is another knotfor bass strings that might work in =
this case, One end ( the wraped ) is like the usual knot, while the =
other looks like a shepherds crook. Use pipe cleaners to practice tying. =

    The knot is applied by dry fitting the two ends and measuring the =
length for the coil, before making the becket and coil. Start the coil =
and watch the ends so that when thet are close they can be mated. You =
will have to  twist the crook into position or loosen the hitch and mate =
the two ends then twist the string in the direction of the inner wrap. =
The twist will only be like a half turn or so and is not hard to work =
with.=20