Vehicle organization for Tuning Business

Dave Davis davistunes@yahoo.com
Tue, 25 May 2004 07:25:45 -0700 (PDT)

Rick,

I separate my tools and supplies into categories, then
find or buy a storage box that will contain the items.
My criteria is that the container must be easily
accessible, and will look nice, especially if it is
going into the customer's home.

For instance, I have separate tool boxes for hammer
shank repairs, re-pinning tools, cleaning and vacuum
supplies, restringing/string repair, extra parts, and
tools that are seldom used.

I drive a Toyota Camry Wagon and have room for all my
"stuff", my 5-year old son, and a grand action.

You don't have to get it right the first time. At
first, just haul as much stuff (nomenclature, Tom?) as
you think you will need, and when you don't use if for
a year, start leaving it at home.

Have fun setting up your vehicle. Use your
imagination, and don't stress about the "what if I
don't have the right stuff with me". You can always
set up a return appointment, and charge accordingly.

Dave Davis

Rick Bazemore wrote:
>... If anyone knows of a good resource for storage
bins and tool
>boxes that can be easily secured in such a vehicle,
or any
>other good ideas for vehicle organization,  please
let me know. ...

Wal-Mart, Lowes, Home Depot, Academy, etc.

Loads of stuff to choose from at these type stores.

Keith
--
Keith McGavern
Registered Piano Technician