Best piano in your world.

Alan Forsyth alanforsyth@fortune4.fsnet.co.uk
Mon, 24 May 2004 01:39:12 +0100

Hello remaining list members.

To me, the best piano in my world is always the one I have just tuned, not
just because I am getting paid for it, but because it's so nice to play a
piano that has just been tuned.

In general though, I prefer 1890's German pianos and 1920's American
uprights of which my own belongs to the latter category, a 1927 Gulbransen
player. The harmonics come through loud and clear; as soon as a note is
struck the third harmonic comes to the fore, very loud and clear. Don't care
for Steinways much - too metallic and hard.

AF