Plugging capstan holes

David C. Stanwood stanwood@tiac.net
Sat, 22 May 2004 11:04:52 -0400

Hi Dale,

I share your sentiment... As I said the #301 is very pure and not anywhere
near as strong smelling as the West epoxy.  The Abatron putty is very easy
to work with... It's a little messy but with goooood technique things go
fast and well.  We use one hand with a tight fitting latex glove and the
other free and dry for handling the key.  Putty knife and a mixing board...
etc... The first time we used the Abatron putty Steve James filled 360
holes in a Steinway keyboard in about 4 hours...

David