Best piano in your world.

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Sat, 22 May 2004 08:56:13 EDT

I, too, am lucky enough to have my favorite piano sitting in my living room.
It is a 1919 "AA" Mason and Hamlin, fully restored.  It roars, it whispers,
it growls, it laughs, but most of all, it sings.

The first piano that really did it for me was a Mason 9' that opened my ears
and mind to what a piano could sound like.  It was new in 1977, nearing the
end of the Aeolian era(my induction into the piano biz).  It was not perfect by
any stretch of the imagination, but one could be engulfed by the warmth and
depth of its tone.

TP, thanks for the reviving that memory!  I still hear it once in a while, as
it's in a local concert venue.

Dave Stahl