Relocating Knuckles

Overs Pianos sec@overspianos.com.au
Fri, 21 May 2004 18:12:25 +1000

>Dale asked: "With the right jig this job can't take 2 hours plus
>rollers. I've used a band saw but wasn't happy with the results. Any clues.
>I have
>5 sets!!!
>   Why invent a new learning curve if someone already has one"
>   Dale Erwin

Hi Dale,

Just to add to Joe's comments, we use a tungsten carbide slotting
cutter in our small milling machine at 2000  RPM. Using the X, Y and
Z slides on the milling machine it is possible to do a very nice job
with an appropriate jig to hold the shank in an indexed position.

Best,
Ron O.
--

OVERS PIANOS - SYDNEY