Betsy Ross Spinet

Dave Nereson davner@kaosol.net
Thu, 20 May 2004 01:23:00 -0600

----- Original Message -----
From: <Alpha88x@aol.com>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 19, 2004 6:04 PM
Subject: Betsy Ross Spinet

> greetings,
>
>              Is a Lester, Betsy Ross spinet piano a "novelty" item. I
believe
> somewhere I heard that they are a desired piano. About what dollar amount
> would one go for in nearly excellent condition? Who would want to buy such
an
> animal? A collector? The serial number is 229940 and I am wondering what
year
> this piano was manufactured. Thanks in advance.
>
> Julia Gottchall,
> Reading, PA

    Nah, it's just a plain ol' cheap spinet, no more desirable than any
other cheap spinet.  The best spinets are the older (40's - 60's) Baldwin
Acrosonics and also the ones Yamaha made briefly (60's, early 70's ?).
    There are also Betsy Ross consoles, but they're just mediocre.
    #229940 should be 1952.  Get a Pierce piano atlas.  It's required
equipment in this business.
    --David Nereson, RPT