stripped pedal bracket holes

John Formsma john@formsmapiano.com
Sat, 15 May 2004 23:02:39 -0500

Ron,

> If the screw holes are just stripped, and not chewed up too
> badly, I'd slide a newspaper or (better) a piece of cardboard under
the
> bottom board to catch drips, pull the screws, add glue, toothpicks or
shoe
> peg, and put the screws back in. Watch the pedal alignment as the
screws

I actually did this since I was there anyway to evaulate the problem,
but was concerned about longevity. (BTW, the owner is super nice, and
would be totally understanding if another repair would be required, say,
two years in the future. So, if it seems the shoe pegs will work well,
we'll leave it at that.)

Not having had experience with this particular situation, I wanted to
get the list's opinions.

Thanks,

John Formsma